Monday, March 17, 2008

MELISSA IS SHOWERED WITH GIFTS!


Saturday was Melissa's baby shower, and it was a great success. The theme was Classic Winnie the Pooh, and Candice, my shower coordinator, did a wonderful job. Pooh characters were scattered around the room, white rose arrangements graced the table, Melissa's baby pictures were displayed on the mantle, a rubber duckie swam in the punch. Everyone designed onesies with fabric markers - Peggy's read "I (heart) Aunt Peggy", Andrea's read "Anaheim's Littlest Angel", Laurie drew the only thing she can draw, Woodstock saying "I love Grammy" - but Melissa picked the winner, Rachel's onesie that read "I'm innocent I tell ya!" How many of us, when we were little, did things that we didn't want to take the blame for? I remember turning the thermostat up to 100 degrees just to see what would happen! All fingers pointed to me, it was obvious I guess that I would do something like that, but that's what kids do. We tasted baby food and tried to guess what it was, but most everyone smelled it, they didn't dare taste it, some of them were horrible, especially the meat-related ones. The one that no one could guess was oatmeal - who knew? Melissa's dad made all of the food, and it was great - deviled eggs, ham roll-ups, fried wontons, strawberries and cream, and also homemade peppermint ice cream! The cake was simple and very cute, a grass green cake with honey pots saying "Baby Shawn Patrick Triefenbach" all resting under a tree. Melissa received SO MANY baby outfits, bathing towels, blankets, and three hand-knitted blankets made by the great grandmothers - so beautiful, and they will all be used to keep Baby Shawn wrapped up snuggly warm. Melissa also received a Rainforest Jumperoo, Calvin Klein outfits, bottles and a rack to dry them on, a baby carrier for Shawn to carry the baby (Melissa says it's his turn!), bibs, and everything to keep Baby Shawn clean and smelling just like a baby should smell. Thanks to everyone that was there to give some wonderful gifts, and your presence there made it all complete.

No comments: