I've noticed that after raising two boys that are now in their 20's, I'm not remembering everything I did when they were babies, so I sought advice from Jenny, my nephew's wife, who now has a 2-1/2 year old daughter, Aisling, and a son, Xander, who's six weeks younger than Baby Shawn. I asked her when she lowered the level of the crib. For those of you who aren't mothers, you normally start out at its highest level because it's easier to get them in and out, and besides, they're not going to go anywhere at all for a while. But now that Baby Shawn is moving around and we didn't want him to fall over the top of the crib, it was time to lower the level. So as you can see, he's further down there in the crib, and since tonight is his first night sleeping at that level, he'll probably wake up and wonder why we now seem so far away when he looks up at us. The changes he'll be going through - we wonder what he's thinking. We know that when he doesn't want a bottle, he'll purse his lips shut. When he's tired he rubs his eyes (I love that), and when he's hungry, he'll open that mouth wide. He's eating all Stage One vegetables and fruits that are available at the market including the latest addition to his list of fruits - prunes, and yes, they're definitely doing their job!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
LOWERING THE CRIB JUST IN CASE!
I've noticed that after raising two boys that are now in their 20's, I'm not remembering everything I did when they were babies, so I sought advice from Jenny, my nephew's wife, who now has a 2-1/2 year old daughter, Aisling, and a son, Xander, who's six weeks younger than Baby Shawn. I asked her when she lowered the level of the crib. For those of you who aren't mothers, you normally start out at its highest level because it's easier to get them in and out, and besides, they're not going to go anywhere at all for a while. But now that Baby Shawn is moving around and we didn't want him to fall over the top of the crib, it was time to lower the level. So as you can see, he's further down there in the crib, and since tonight is his first night sleeping at that level, he'll probably wake up and wonder why we now seem so far away when he looks up at us. The changes he'll be going through - we wonder what he's thinking. We know that when he doesn't want a bottle, he'll purse his lips shut. When he's tired he rubs his eyes (I love that), and when he's hungry, he'll open that mouth wide. He's eating all Stage One vegetables and fruits that are available at the market including the latest addition to his list of fruits - prunes, and yes, they're definitely doing their job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment