Monday, March 23, 2009

SHAWN CELEBRATES 25 YEARS!

How can my youngest child be 25 years old already? I told Shawn that I was 25 when I had his brother, and then he reminded me that he was already a father at 24, wow! I told him that I hoped his son didn't pull off half of the shenanigans Shawn pulled off in his early years. Yes, Dad and I still remember your breaking the windshield of that Mercedes, that was an $850 lesson to be learned! We celebrated Shawn's birthday with family at Don Jose's yesterday and we all had a great time. Baby Shawn got to see his cousins, Aisling and Xander (thanks Xander for sharing your Cheerios with Shawn), and Aisling enjoyed eating the orange balloon off her piece of ice cream birthday cake. I was holding Baby Shawn the other day while getting some of his food out of the pantry, and he pulled a picture magnet off the refrigerator. I closed the door of the pantry and looked at the magnet Baby Shawn was holding, and it was a picture of his dad taken when he was three at Kinder-Care (left). He was just staring at it, and that was so interesting to watch and wonder what he was thinking, and how if anyone told him that he was looking at a picture of his dad, he wouldn't believe it. I remember when that picture of Shawn was taken at Kinder-Care, and that's when I realized just how fast time has gone. Shawn has been through a lot since those Kinder-Care days, but he's turned into a handsome, caring, and compassionate man. I didn't notice this when I bought the pictures, but I guess Shawn was nervous, look how he's grabbing his legs, ouch! Happy Birthday Squintz!

1 comment:

Karlita Harriman said...

Happy BELATED Birthday SHAWN!!!
I am happy you are home once again, and with all your family. You must be tickled pink..or perhaps "blue" to be a dad now too of that precious and darling little boy. What CUTE kids you and Melissa make.:-) I wish you only the best as your life moves forward from this day on. May you have many wonderful moments and years together filled with lots of joy, happiness and love in your family of 3 and of course with all the other relatives too.
Love you my friend
Karla