IT'S BEEN SIX MONTHS since my gastric bypass surgery and I've lost a total of 92 pounds! The experience has been so surreal, and it's hard to believe it's been six months already. I'm completely off all of my diabetes medicine, and when I check my blood sugar, it's usually around 90-95. I have a six-month check up with my doctor this month, so I'm anxious to tell him that I'm not a diabetic anymore. I'm taking my vitamins religiously, every day, and I'm eating all of my daily proteins too. I've been ordering salads at restaurants with no lettuce (the server's face is always interesting to watch when I ask for that). Lettuce is a waste of space in my now smaller stomach, as well as bread. I was never much of a bread eater, so I don't really miss it at all. I'm pretty much eating anything now, except I'm afraid to eat popcorn and chew gum, still thinking it will get stuck, so I'm not even chancing it. I'm not eating anything over 10 grams of fat or 10 grams of sugar, that's just my own regime, and it seems to be working. So here are the stats: OLD WEIGHT: 346 (but back on 9/11/09 when I had my emergency gall bladder surgery, I was up to 357). NEW WEIGHT: 254. OLD SIZE: 30-32, NEW SIZE: 18-20. OLD MEDICATION: Three prescriptions, Glipizide, Actos and Januvia. NEW MEDICATION: None. OLD EXERCISE REGIMEN: None. NEW EXERCISE REGIMEN: Walking a lot during the day on campus. Muscle toning is next! OTHER CHANGES: A lot of little things like: the ability to cross my legs, sitting in a booth at a restaurant and not having to worry if the table can be moved out of the way for me to get in, getting in and out of pants (don't have to sit down and do it, I can do it standing up!), carrying my grandson from the car to his classroom at daycare (I couldn't walk 10 feet doing that before). SELF-ESTEEM level is way up! I'm more sure of myself, and I'm proud of myself. Hearing my mother telling me she's proud of me, wow, that was a wonderful thing to hear. ACCEPTING COMPLIMENTS has been very hard, but I'm getting used to it. I've always been one to compliment people, but it's hard to receive it. I'm loving life!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
SIX MONTHS AFTER SURGERY....
IT'S BEEN SIX MONTHS since my gastric bypass surgery and I've lost a total of 92 pounds! The experience has been so surreal, and it's hard to believe it's been six months already. I'm completely off all of my diabetes medicine, and when I check my blood sugar, it's usually around 90-95. I have a six-month check up with my doctor this month, so I'm anxious to tell him that I'm not a diabetic anymore. I'm taking my vitamins religiously, every day, and I'm eating all of my daily proteins too. I've been ordering salads at restaurants with no lettuce (the server's face is always interesting to watch when I ask for that). Lettuce is a waste of space in my now smaller stomach, as well as bread. I was never much of a bread eater, so I don't really miss it at all. I'm pretty much eating anything now, except I'm afraid to eat popcorn and chew gum, still thinking it will get stuck, so I'm not even chancing it. I'm not eating anything over 10 grams of fat or 10 grams of sugar, that's just my own regime, and it seems to be working. So here are the stats: OLD WEIGHT: 346 (but back on 9/11/09 when I had my emergency gall bladder surgery, I was up to 357). NEW WEIGHT: 254. OLD SIZE: 30-32, NEW SIZE: 18-20. OLD MEDICATION: Three prescriptions, Glipizide, Actos and Januvia. NEW MEDICATION: None. OLD EXERCISE REGIMEN: None. NEW EXERCISE REGIMEN: Walking a lot during the day on campus. Muscle toning is next! OTHER CHANGES: A lot of little things like: the ability to cross my legs, sitting in a booth at a restaurant and not having to worry if the table can be moved out of the way for me to get in, getting in and out of pants (don't have to sit down and do it, I can do it standing up!), carrying my grandson from the car to his classroom at daycare (I couldn't walk 10 feet doing that before). SELF-ESTEEM level is way up! I'm more sure of myself, and I'm proud of myself. Hearing my mother telling me she's proud of me, wow, that was a wonderful thing to hear. ACCEPTING COMPLIMENTS has been very hard, but I'm getting used to it. I've always been one to compliment people, but it's hard to receive it. I'm loving life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment