Tuesday, February 5, 2008

CHRIS STARTS HIS NEW JOB

<---- Bravo restaurant interior

Chris started his new job today! From the hotel, it takes him about 20 minutes to get to work. That will change when he actually moves into his apartment. He got in early at 7:30, and pretty much spent the day filling out more paperwork, setting up his laptop and Blackberry, getting used to his temporary office (he thinks his office will be relocated at some point), and worked on some drawings for a restaurant under construction. As I had said in another posting, Chris was going to try and see if he could get his stuff delivered to his apartment earlier than Saturday, but that won't happen. There are two families ahead of him packed in the truck and they're both in Texas. And to make things more interesting, Chris and John are leaving on a business trip to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday night, so the moving van will be delivering Chris' stuff on Saturday. Fortunately, John's cousin, who lives with John, volunteered to be at Chris' apartment to let the movers in, so that will work out well. Chris gets back from Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday night, so he'll be unpacking all next week. I told him he didn't have to hurry with that, he can do a little bit every day, and maybe in the process he'll figure out that he doesn't need a lot of the stuff that he packed. Tomorrow there's a restaurant turning over (construction is done and training begins) in Akron, so his day will be spent there.
As far as Chris' job and travels to Ohio go, I think I'm done talking about Chris every day like this, but if anything exciting happens on his end, I'll be sure to include it in my blog.

No comments: