Monday, March 24, 2008

CHRIS IS CHILLIN' IN CLEVELAND!


We're experiencing 80-degree weather, and Chris is up to 8" in snow in his suburb of Mayfield Heights outside Cleveland. It's a winter wonderland, something I experienced as a child growing up in Wisconsin - it was a great childhood, but once you're old enough to know better once you've lived in California, as an adult you would never go back to it. But Chris is experiencing all this for the first time, and he really likes it. He doesn't like the heat (neither do I), but when we moved out here, I was only 14 and not yet driving, so I haven't experienced using chains or putting on snow tires. Chris has only had to use chains a few times, but he's not tired of it yet. He was recently in charge of a redesign on a restaurant in Indianapolis, and he managed the project by himself, a first for him, and it went well. He'll be out for four days in July and we're really looking forward to that. Jack and I are planning a trip to see him in November for Thanksgiving, and flights aren't cheap, but he's worth every penny.

No comments: