Wednesday, July 2, 2008

EVERYONE IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!


BABY SHAWN: It's official - Baby Shawn is now sleeping through the night! He'll be three months old next week; he goes to bed around 9:00 pm and sleeps until around 7:00 am.
MELISSA: She's now getting the sleep she deserves and is trying to get used to not getting up during the night, something she doesn't miss!
JACK: A few weeks ago, I sent Jack to the doctor to finally confirm that he does indeed have sleep apnea. So off to the Sleep Disorder Clinic he went, and lo and behold, I was right, Jack does have sleep apnea - so Jack is now sleeping with the aid of a breathing machine which forces air through his nose. Jack wouldn't me take a picture of him in his getup, but he looks like an elephant - a nose mask and a tube coming from it with a strap going around each side of his cheek and another strap across his forehead. I told him if he ever rolled my way during the night while I was facing his way, I couldn't be held responsible for any scream that might come from my mouth. I was amazed to discover two things: first, Jack no longer snores (praise the Lord), and second, the breathing machine makes no noise at all.
LAURIE: I am now sleeping because Jack's not snoring anymore and he's only getting up once during the night, if at all (versus 3-4 times during the night). So all is quiet during the night in our house, and it's wonderful!

No comments: