It was time for Shawn to put the high chair together that was given to he and Melissa for the baby at Christmas from Great Aunt Angie and Great Uncle Alex (thanks again so much!), and baby Shawn just loved sitting in it, we could tell. So once that was put together, Shawn took a turn at feeding baby Shawn - the carrots and applesauce made for an interest pattern of goo on the baby's face. It was interesting watching my son feed his son when feeding my son really doesn't seem that long ago, but it's been 24 years since I've done it. I remember big Shawn used to make fun of me when feeding another baby. He noticed that when I was putting the spoon in the baby's mouth, my mouth would instinctively open too. I told him, "You just wait until you're feeding your own child and see if you don't do it too". Well, guess what, he now does it too. I reminded him of what he said to me years ago, and he had to laugh at himself. He said, "You know, it really is hard to keep your mouth closed when that spoon goes in!"
Sunday, September 7, 2008
DAD TAKES A TURN AT FEEDING
It was time for Shawn to put the high chair together that was given to he and Melissa for the baby at Christmas from Great Aunt Angie and Great Uncle Alex (thanks again so much!), and baby Shawn just loved sitting in it, we could tell. So once that was put together, Shawn took a turn at feeding baby Shawn - the carrots and applesauce made for an interest pattern of goo on the baby's face. It was interesting watching my son feed his son when feeding my son really doesn't seem that long ago, but it's been 24 years since I've done it. I remember big Shawn used to make fun of me when feeding another baby. He noticed that when I was putting the spoon in the baby's mouth, my mouth would instinctively open too. I told him, "You just wait until you're feeding your own child and see if you don't do it too". Well, guess what, he now does it too. I reminded him of what he said to me years ago, and he had to laugh at himself. He said, "You know, it really is hard to keep your mouth closed when that spoon goes in!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment