Sunday was cousin Xander's 1st birthday party, and Shawn got to float in the pool. It's only his
second time in the water - his first time was when he was 4 months old, which I doubt he remembers. Shawn really enjoyed himself as you can see in this video, he's even waving to you. Grandpa Jack put him in a "My First Floater", and Shawn was "chillin" for about an hour in that thing. Then he handed it over to cousin Xander, after all, it was HIS birthday! Shawn's waiting for Xander to start walking too so they can walk around together like buddies, he's getting there! WHAT'S SHAWN UP TO THESE DAYS? Well, he's mastered "uh oh" after he drops something or falls on his butt. He can point to his nose and now claps his hands together. This morning after I said to him, "Let's go bye bye" I could have sworn he said, "Let's go bye bye" back to me, seriously! He's walking in and out of the daycare doors, he doesn't cry when I take him or leave him there, in fact in the morning, he walks right up to the high chairs and pretty much says, "Feed me breakfast please!" Shawn and I packed up a bunch of clothes and toys that Shawn doesn't use anymore to donate to the Orangewood Children's Home in Santa Ana (a place where
children are temporarily placed after being taken from their caregivers due to unsafe conditions). I'm looking into Jack taking swimming lessons with the baby on Saturdays during the summer (Dad has to work weekends), he's already showing strong signs of being a "water baby" just like his Dad.
second time in the water - his first time was when he was 4 months old, which I doubt he remembers. Shawn really enjoyed himself as you can see in this video, he's even waving to you. Grandpa Jack put him in a "My First Floater", and Shawn was "chillin" for about an hour in that thing. Then he handed it over to cousin Xander, after all, it was HIS birthday! Shawn's waiting for Xander to start walking too so they can walk around together like buddies, he's getting there! WHAT'S SHAWN UP TO THESE DAYS? Well, he's mastered "uh oh" after he drops something or falls on his butt. He can point to his nose and now claps his hands together. This morning after I said to him, "Let's go bye bye" I could have sworn he said, "Let's go bye bye" back to me, seriously! He's walking in and out of the daycare doors, he doesn't cry when I take him or leave him there, in fact in the morning, he walks right up to the high chairs and pretty much says, "Feed me breakfast please!" Shawn and I packed up a bunch of clothes and toys that Shawn doesn't use anymore to donate to the Orangewood Children's Home in Santa Ana (a place where
children are temporarily placed after being taken from their caregivers due to unsafe conditions). I'm looking into Jack taking swimming lessons with the baby on Saturdays during the summer (Dad has to work weekends), he's already showing strong signs of being a "water baby" just like his Dad.





No comments:
Post a Comment