Monday, June 22, 2009

FATHER'S DAY 2009

Father's Day was nice and quiet this year, and with one son in Iowa, it just isn't the same, but we made the most of it. Little Shawn had cards for his daddy and Grampa, and I cooked a steak dinner for Jack and Big Shawn. Chris called later in the day, and as they did for me on Mother's Day, Chris and Shawn were telling Jack their memories of him. Jack was tickled at how much he has shared with the boys that they still remember and what it meant to them. But more importantly, it was an Alzheimer's test for Jack - did he remember all of their memories? Yes he did, every single one of them. But Jack's music has influenced them in that they enjoy all music, from 60's Beatles to classical. When Jack sees a piano, one of the tunes he plays is "Martha My Dear", a Beatles song from their White Album. Chris knew how the song went but never knew the title or what album it was from, so I'm sure at some point Chris will purchase that White Album. I also found out somethings I never knew about - Chris and Shawn jumping off the roof into the pool - I had a visual of that and didn't like it a bit, but obviously nothing happened to them, they're both still in one piece. Little Shawn enjoyed the day with his dad and Grampa, and it was the first of many great Father's Days to come.

No comments: