Shawn and I brought Carl's Jr. to Aunt Peggy's house last night for dinner. It had been a while since we had all seen each other, so we had some catching up to do. Shawn felt right at home, and that's just how Aunt Peggy is, she welcomes everyone with open arms. Shawn was of course interested in her cell phone, he opens it up and holds it to his head like he's talking. Then of course her car keys were interesting for a while, and then the book she was reading. Shawn is drawn to books - he likes to open them, close them, carry them around........I found one in the refrigerator last week. I was getting him some milk and he must have tossed it in there when I wasn't looking, what a character. Speaking of refrigerators, I have to tell this story. When Big Shawn was little, he loved his goose down pillow that he called "Bobbie", not sure where that came from, but that's what he called it. I was getting him some ice cream one night, a treat before bedtime, when I opened the freezer door, and there, lying next to the frozen meat, was his Bobbie, sitting there in its little Smurf pillowcase. Of course I was surprised to see this and I asked Shawn why his Bobbie was in the freezer, and he said, "I like him cold when I sleep with him." So there you go........we'll see if Little Shawn does anything quirky like that.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
A VISIT WITH AUNT PEGGY
Shawn and I brought Carl's Jr. to Aunt Peggy's house last night for dinner. It had been a while since we had all seen each other, so we had some catching up to do. Shawn felt right at home, and that's just how Aunt Peggy is, she welcomes everyone with open arms. Shawn was of course interested in her cell phone, he opens it up and holds it to his head like he's talking. Then of course her car keys were interesting for a while, and then the book she was reading. Shawn is drawn to books - he likes to open them, close them, carry them around........I found one in the refrigerator last week. I was getting him some milk and he must have tossed it in there when I wasn't looking, what a character. Speaking of refrigerators, I have to tell this story. When Big Shawn was little, he loved his goose down pillow that he called "Bobbie", not sure where that came from, but that's what he called it. I was getting him some ice cream one night, a treat before bedtime, when I opened the freezer door, and there, lying next to the frozen meat, was his Bobbie, sitting there in its little Smurf pillowcase. Of course I was surprised to see this and I asked Shawn why his Bobbie was in the freezer, and he said, "I like him cold when I sleep with him." So there you go........we'll see if Little Shawn does anything quirky like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment