Well, they all better be good looking if that's the last thing I see before they put me under! I'm having a procedure done as an out-patient at St. Jude tomorrow, nothing serious, but just need something removed that shouldn't be there, and then they'll do a D&C (dust and clean, as my mother would say) while they're in there, and it shouldn't take more than an hour. Then I'm off to my mother's house to recuperate - mothers are the best at taking care of their young, and she does a wonderful job. I remember in 2nd grade, while going to Catholic school, my teacher, a nun, sat me in a chair out in the hallway without any explanation, I thought I'd done something wrong (those nuns had a way of intimidating the crap out of anyone, especially a 2nd grader). Then my mom showed up and I thought I was in big trouble. We went straight to the doctor and I found out I had German measles. So I missed two weeks of school, my Mom bought me my first Mr. Potato Head, and my Dad made me a puppet stage for him, and it turned into a wonderful memory of just being taken care of, and there's nothing more soothing than that!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
GOING UNDER THE KNIFE.....
Well, they all better be good looking if that's the last thing I see before they put me under! I'm having a procedure done as an out-patient at St. Jude tomorrow, nothing serious, but just need something removed that shouldn't be there, and then they'll do a D&C (dust and clean, as my mother would say) while they're in there, and it shouldn't take more than an hour. Then I'm off to my mother's house to recuperate - mothers are the best at taking care of their young, and she does a wonderful job. I remember in 2nd grade, while going to Catholic school, my teacher, a nun, sat me in a chair out in the hallway without any explanation, I thought I'd done something wrong (those nuns had a way of intimidating the crap out of anyone, especially a 2nd grader). Then my mom showed up and I thought I was in big trouble. We went straight to the doctor and I found out I had German measles. So I missed two weeks of school, my Mom bought me my first Mr. Potato Head, and my Dad made me a puppet stage for him, and it turned into a wonderful memory of just being taken care of, and there's nothing more soothing than that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment