Well, I've been on quite a medical adventure these past few weeks. Here's a timeline on what's been happening with me.
SEPT 9th: feeling pain enough to go to ER where they take an ultrasound and find I have an aggrevated gall bladder and gall stones, but they send me home;
SEPT 10th: still feeling pain to go back to ER where they admit me (great idea);
SEPT 11th: gall bladder removal;
SEPT 12th: go back home to recuperate, but not feeling great;
SEPT 13th: still not feeling good, spend a lot of time in the bathroom these two days;
SEPT 14th: still not feeling good and in enough pain to go back to ER; they take a CT scan and find I have an ilius (paralyzation of the intestines - common complication to gall bladder removal), and they admit me again
SEPT 15th - SEPT 21st: spend at St. Jude recovering from complications
SEPT 21st: back home, in no pain, and catching up on sleep
HIGH POINTS: very friendly and caring staff at St. Jude; receiving great support from family and friends. LOW POINTS: IVs were a challenge for all female nurses there, only male nurses were successful; hospital beds - if you don't sleep on your back, you're in trouble; no cable to watch the Angels on Fox Sports Net, only Channel 13; hospital food was always an adventure.
So this blog will start flowing again as usual from this point on - I've missed it!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment