
I'm a bit late on this entry for Shawn being 17 months old, when in fact he'll be 1-1/2 years old on October 10th, but I didn't want to forget a month! I found a website that can figure out how tall a child will be before the usual way to do it at 2 years old (doubling their height at age 2 will determine, within 1-2 inches, exactly how tall they'll be). I didn't want to wait until he was 2 years old, so found another formula. If it's right, then Shawn will grow to be around 6'1" tall, so we'll see. WHAT'S HE UP TO? He's quite a helper both at home and at school. He helps with the babies at school and he's quite the helper at home, picking up after himself, putting his toys away, and when the blocks are done being built into many skyscapers with the help of Papa (Grandpa), they're all put away before he goes to bed. GOING TO BED ROUTINE: He goes to bed between 7:30-8:00pm, he gives out his kisses "night, night", and off to bed he goes. We lay him down in bed and he turns over with his blanket and it's lights out, good as gold. WHAT'S HE EATING? Anything and everything. He loves his legumes, from peanut butter to bean and cheese burritos from his kid's meal at Del Taco or Taco Bell. He never liked eggs before, but now loves them, scrambled with cheese. PRE-SCHOOL: He continues to love Kinder Care and gets along very well with the other kids - of course there have been some biting incidents, but that's common. He's had his fair share of colds, but he'll get those at school as expected, but on the positive side of that, he's building up his immunities. BOOKS AND WORDS: He still loves his books and loves to be read to, and at nighttime, it's "Good Night Moon", and when you say the words "good night", he'll lay his head on the book, like he's saying good night to each page, awww. He'll repeat anything anyone says, so that's made all of us very careful of what we say at all times. WHAT'S

HE WEARING? He's in size 2T already, a tall, solid boy with a hard head! WHAT'S HE INTO? Well, he's not into watching TV anymore like he used to, but he's discovered Sesame Street and already knows Elmo (what kid doesn't?). LATEST FUNNY STORY: We were watching an Angels game and we were up to bat and I said, "Hit that ball!" and Shawn said, "Hit that ball", he didn't say it as clearly as I did, but you certainly knew what he said. Then Juan Rivera came up to bat and I told him that he was Nana's favorite Angel, so I said, "Look there's Juan!" Then Shawn said, without skipping a beat, "Two, Three".... get it? Juan, two, three? You have to admit, that's clever!
No comments:
Post a Comment