Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SHAWN IS 22 MONTHS OLD!

In two months, this little guy will be two years old, it doesn't seem possible! HEIGHT AND WEIGHT: He doesn't have another check up until his 2nd birthday, so I don't know what his height and weight are right now since the last time I've mentioned it. We don't own a scale, yet, but because of my surgery, I'm definitely getting one, then we can keep track of his weight too! TALK, TALK, TALK: He's talking up a storm, and we still can understand everything he says. He's tying four words together now in a sentence, he's jumping up and down with both feet at the same time (this appears to be something they watch for that I never knew mattered, but if they can do that at 1-1/2 years old, which he did, then he'll grow up having excellent balance - who knew?) Maybe he'll grow up to be an Olympic gymnist, who knows. Since I'm off work for two weeks, I haven't been taking him to daycare, but when he comes home and the door opens, I hear the words "Grammy home" and my heart just melts. FOODS: He loves his chocolate milk, mac and cheese, chicken tenders, Uncrustables, bean & cheese burritos, and he just LOVES ham, with anything, eggs, mac and cheese, by itself - funny what foods kids are attracted to. He likes chocolate, but that's a major treat. He likes cookies too, but not Oreos, he likes windmill cookies (know what those are?), iced oatmeal, and an occasional chocolate chip. He loves to brush his teeth with his electric toothbrush (he's actually been using that since he had his first tooth). He's the absolute light of my life. CAROLYN AND DOUG, our friends from (previously) Monterey, and now from Ashland, Oregon, came down for the weekend and they got to meet Shawn for the first time (Carolyn has seen him twice before, but he was always asleep). Shawn took to both of them right away, and he wanted to show off our new pup, Barkley to them too.

No comments: