Monday, May 10, 2010

THREE MONTHS LATER....

Three months after surgery, I'm up to a loss of 61 pounds! I had my three-month checkup with my doctor. He's very pleased with my results and says I'm ahead of the game as far as pounds lost. He made sure I was still taking my vitamins every day, and said that I should have reached my weight goal by the time I'm 1-1/2 years away from my surgery date. So by next August I should be where I will be for the rest of my life. I'm never going back to the way I used to be, and shame on me for waiting so long to make this decision. I'm not going to live on regrets, but I should have done this much sooner. My doctor also said that after about three more months, I shouldn't have to be on any diabetes medicine AT ALL, and I'm looking forward to that - what a blessing. Doctors are now experimenting on doing this procedure on non-obese people JUST to get rid of their diabetes, who knew?

No comments: