Saturday, June 5, 2010

FOUR MONTHS LATER......

Well, it's been four months since my gastric bypass surgery and as of today I've lost 73 POUNDS! To make this an even greater achievement, I am officially off ALL of my diabetes medicine! I'm drinking a protein drink I found at Costco that has 30 grams of protein in it since I need to consume at least 40 grams of protein every day, so I drink it in the car on the way to school. I'm also taking my Centrum A-Z women's vitamins every day. Those pills are huge, so I have to break them in half when I take them. I'm also taking a vitamin B12 every week. I don't eat three meals a day, rather five or six mini meals a day. If I feel like something to snack on, I'll eat nuts or pretzels (zero fat, no sugar). I'm walking a lot on campus, and since this is my slow time of the year, I'm walking more often. Sitting at a desk for a lot of hours at a time just isn't good for anyone. I actually look forward to weighing myself once a week - the scale used to be my enemy, in fact, I didn't even own one until now. So I take each day at a time enjoying what this new-found freedom has given me - more independence, a much healthier outlook, and knowing that I'll be around for more years than I was giving myself before - a toast to me!

No comments: