Thursday, January 31, 2008

CHRIS IS OHIO BOUND


Jack and I stayed in from work this morning to spend it with Chris, send him off with a good hearty breakfast, and around 10:30 he was off. It was probably the most emotional day Jack and I have had in a long time. We know this is a great opportunity for Chris, and to be able to just pick up and start a new adventure with Chris only being responsible for himself is something to envy. I've done it, and I only know a few people who have had that opportunity. After Chris left this morning, he went to get a haircut. His grandmother wanted him to look nice and neat for his new job, so she got her wish. After that he hit the road and drove to Phoenix to pick up his friend (and boss), John, at the airport. John was flying in from Las Vegas and Chris got to Phoenix earlier than he planned (just to be on the safe side), plus he wasn't prepared for the 75mph speed limit which got him there even faster. I called Chris at 3:30 and he was only 42 miles from Phoenix. So since he got there early, he said he would take in a movie. I later got a text message from him saying that he was at the airport in baggage claim waiting for John. So the plan is to stay the night in Phoenix, and then tomorrow morning they start on their way to Ohio. I'll keep you posted.......

No comments: