April 10, 2008
8:27pm
9 lbs. 14 ozs
19-3/4" long
After the post below, here's what happened next - we got home from St. Jude and went to bed, and 1-1/2 hours later, Melissa's water broke. So we went back to the hospital, got into a private room (that was nice), hooked up the medicines, she got to 9 centimeters, and that's as far as she went. So into the operating room for an emergency C-section, and Baby Shawn was born. That's a lot of time and activity put into one small paragraph, but what happened in between was a whirlwind of emotions and families pulling together. I finally got to
meet Melissa's mother who flew in early from a business trip in Washington. At one point Melissa's room was like Grand Central Station, family coming and going, nurses in and out, and Melissa making it through all the shots, two epidurals (yes, two), and being such a trooper by trying to get through something she's never been through before. But the end result was worth it. The nurse brought the baby to the room, and she put him in his little bed, and he just laid there, not making a sound. In fact, he hasn't cried one bit. He just looks around and
is taking in the world. I was with Melissa from Thursday morning at 3am until last night at 10am, and was exhausted by the time I got home. I can't believe I'm a grandmother, so my new title is "Grammy", and I can't wait to hear Shawn say it for the first time.





1 comment:
Yippeeeee!!!!! CONGRATS. He is absolutely adorable. We can't wait to meet him.
Post a Comment