Wednesday, May 28, 2008
THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE I HAD MY KIDS!
Now that I have a grandson, it's been interesting to see how things have changed since I had my two sons in the early 80's. There are two things that stand out the most. Since cars now have airbags, children have to be put in the backseat of your car, not in the front seat. I know airbags are dangerous for anyone sitting in the front seat, but I have to say that it sure was a lot easier when the kids could sit in the front seat - it made for easy access. The second thing is putting babies to bed on their stomachs. I put my kids to bed every night on their stomachs and they slept peacefully - now it's somehow being tied to SIDS, how I'm not sure. Now that it's the new rule, babies are now so used to sleeping on their backs, that they're not getting enough what they call, "tummy time", some babies even hate it because they're not used to it, and since they're not used to it, they're not exercising their neck muscles. So now here's the latest thing just in the news.......Bisphenol-A free plastic used in baby bottles. My mother discovered a full-page ad on "Born Free", a brand of bottles that have this special kind of plastic. So bottom line is this, I bought four bottles (not cheap, $10 each), BUT they have four great features: 1) they're made with BPA-free plastic, 2) they cut down on colic, 3) they cut down on ear infections, and 3) the nipple is the closest you can get to the real thing, no kidding. So because my kids went through their share of ear infections, and we had many a bottle of the pink medicine in the refrigerator (all mothers know what I'm talking about), I'm playing it safe. So every day I have my piece of "Grammy Time" with baby Shawn, and I'm loving every second of it - and I've discovered too that when you're through, you can give them back and go out to lunch with the girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment