Well, the little guy is 16 months old today and that's so hard to believe. The time has flown by, but we have it all in pictures and videos, and they're on the computer, on a disk, and printed, so we're covered! Melissa took Shawn to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time and he absolutely loves going down the slide! She had this picture taken of him and her to commemorate his 16 months, and I think it's a great one. Shawn was working that day, otherwise he'd be in here too! WHAT'S SHAWN UP TO? He's just getting over a double ear infection and sinus infection. The only problem with Shawn when he's sick is that you'd never know he was sick. So a couple tugs on his ear gave us the hint that he had an ear infection, so off to the doctor he went. CURRENT WEIGHT: 28 pounds - he's all boy! CURRENT WORDS: ball, block, socks, cheese, mama, dada, papa (Grandpa - that came out today), all done, bye bye, hello, hi, milk, more, please. THINGS HE CAN POINT TO: nose, eyes, ears, feet, head. WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT HIM TO DO: I noticed he had a poopie diaper and just for the heck of it, since I didn't have any diapers in the room I was in, I kiddingly told Shawn to go tp his room and get a diaper. He came out a minute later with a diaper in his hand! I'd never told him that before, and I didn't know he would connect going to his room with getting a diaper - I was amazed. So I changed his diaper and asked him to please throw it away in the trash - he walks into the kitchen and throws it in the trash. I figure that if we teach him all of his chores now, he'll have them mastered by the time he's two! HE'S QUITE A HELPER: In the morning when I'm getting ready for work and we're ready to head to daycare, I ask him to get my shoes, and he gets them for me. He feels so happy with himself when he gives them to me and claps his hands at his achievement. He's such a love..........
Monday, August 10, 2009
SHAWN IS 16 MONTHS OLD TODAY!
Well, the little guy is 16 months old today and that's so hard to believe. The time has flown by, but we have it all in pictures and videos, and they're on the computer, on a disk, and printed, so we're covered! Melissa took Shawn to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time and he absolutely loves going down the slide! She had this picture taken of him and her to commemorate his 16 months, and I think it's a great one. Shawn was working that day, otherwise he'd be in here too! WHAT'S SHAWN UP TO? He's just getting over a double ear infection and sinus infection. The only problem with Shawn when he's sick is that you'd never know he was sick. So a couple tugs on his ear gave us the hint that he had an ear infection, so off to the doctor he went. CURRENT WEIGHT: 28 pounds - he's all boy! CURRENT WORDS: ball, block, socks, cheese, mama, dada, papa (Grandpa - that came out today), all done, bye bye, hello, hi, milk, more, please. THINGS HE CAN POINT TO: nose, eyes, ears, feet, head. WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT HIM TO DO: I noticed he had a poopie diaper and just for the heck of it, since I didn't have any diapers in the room I was in, I kiddingly told Shawn to go tp his room and get a diaper. He came out a minute later with a diaper in his hand! I'd never told him that before, and I didn't know he would connect going to his room with getting a diaper - I was amazed. So I changed his diaper and asked him to please throw it away in the trash - he walks into the kitchen and throws it in the trash. I figure that if we teach him all of his chores now, he'll have them mastered by the time he's two! HE'S QUITE A HELPER: In the morning when I'm getting ready for work and we're ready to head to daycare, I ask him to get my shoes, and he gets them for me. He feels so happy with himself when he gives them to me and claps his hands at his achievement. He's such a love..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment